City won’t give cash to OK OCE participants
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno has clarified that participants in one of his key projects, the One District One Center of Entrepreneurship (OK OCE) program, will not receive financial aid from the city to support their businesses. Rather, the administration will help them get loans from financial institutions, such as banks.
“Since the beginning, we have never stated that the city administration would provide money for the entrepreneurs. The OK OCE program will facilitate them in getting money by cooperating with various financial institutions,” Sandiaga said on Friday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Next year’s city budget allocates Rp 82 billion (US$6 million) to the flagship program of Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga. Jakarta Development Planning Board (Bappeda) head Tuty Kusumawati said previously that the majority of the money would be used to build OK OCE centers in 44 districts of the city as well as to pay coaches of the entrepreneurship program, which is designed to bring fourth 200,000 new entrepreneurs in five years. (vny)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy