Numerous villages flooded in Jambi
The Jakarta Post
Floods have hit Sarolangun regency in Jambi, inundating a number of villages in the subdistrict of Air Hitam.
Baru, Semurung and Lubuk Jering are some of the affected villages.
"In Baru, 40 houses are inundated by floodwater of 25 to 60 centimeters in depth," Air Hitam subdistrict head Suryadi said on Wednesday.
However, villagers were insisting on staying in their houses, he added.
In the village of Semurung, the floods affected a school and a health facility.
The Sarolangun Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) is coordinated with district officials in dealing with the floods.
Sarolangun BPBD head Mulyadi said his office had readied three inflatable rafts for evacuations. (ipa)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper