Numerous villages flooded in Jambi
The Jakarta Post
Floods have hit Sarolangun regency in Jambi, inundating a number of villages in the subdistrict of Air Hitam.
Baru, Semurung and Lubuk Jering are some of the affected villages.
"In Baru, 40 houses are inundated by floodwater of 25 to 60 centimeters in depth," Air Hitam subdistrict head Suryadi said on Wednesday.
However, villagers were insisting on staying in their houses, he added.
In the village of Semurung, the floods affected a school and a health facility.
The Sarolangun Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) is coordinated with district officials in dealing with the floods.
Sarolangun BPBD head Mulyadi said his office had readied three inflatable rafts for evacuations. (ipa)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- U2's Bono calls on US lawmakers to end family separations