Numerous villages flooded in Jambi
The Jakarta Post
Floods have hit Sarolangun regency in Jambi, inundating a number of villages in the subdistrict of Air Hitam.
Baru, Semurung and Lubuk Jering are some of the affected villages.
"In Baru, 40 houses are inundated by floodwater of 25 to 60 centimeters in depth," Air Hitam subdistrict head Suryadi said on Wednesday.
However, villagers were insisting on staying in their houses, he added.
In the village of Semurung, the floods affected a school and a health facility.
The Sarolangun Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) is coordinated with district officials in dealing with the floods.
Sarolangun BPBD head Mulyadi said his office had readied three inflatable rafts for evacuations. (ipa)
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt