Numerous villages flooded in Jambi
The Jakarta Post
Floods have hit Sarolangun regency in Jambi, inundating a number of villages in the subdistrict of Air Hitam.
Baru, Semurung and Lubuk Jering are some of the affected villages.
"In Baru, 40 houses are inundated by floodwater of 25 to 60 centimeters in depth," Air Hitam subdistrict head Suryadi said on Wednesday.
However, villagers were insisting on staying in their houses, he added.
In the village of Semurung, the floods affected a school and a health facility.
The Sarolangun Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) is coordinated with district officials in dealing with the floods.
Sarolangun BPBD head Mulyadi said his office had readied three inflatable rafts for evacuations. (ipa)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation
- EDITORIAL: Costly democracy