Numerous villages flooded in Jambi
The Jakarta Post
Floods have hit Sarolangun regency in Jambi, inundating a number of villages in the subdistrict of Air Hitam.
Baru, Semurung and Lubuk Jering are some of the affected villages.
"In Baru, 40 houses are inundated by floodwater of 25 to 60 centimeters in depth," Air Hitam subdistrict head Suryadi said on Wednesday.
However, villagers were insisting on staying in their houses, he added.
In the village of Semurung, the floods affected a school and a health facility.
The Sarolangun Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) is coordinated with district officials in dealing with the floods.
Sarolangun BPBD head Mulyadi said his office had readied three inflatable rafts for evacuations. (ipa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says