Three workers die in Pakubuwono Spring construction accident
The Jakarta Post
Three construction workers died and three others were badly injured on Tuesday after a concrete canopy at the construction site of Pakubuwono Spring Apartment in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, collapsed.
A witness from contractor PT Tunas Jaya Sanur, Kurment, told the Jakarta Police that seven workers had been installing the canopy and painting a connecting wall when the accident occurred.
At around 8.15 p.m., the overhead roof fell on six of the workers who were working on the lower part of the wall.
“The supervisors took four victims to Medika Permata Hijau hospital, while the other two victims died [on site],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday.
The casualties have been identified as Adi alias Bima, Khoirul Mas’um and Dedi Irawan.
The other workers, Aris Suryanto and Idris, sustained injuries to the leg and hand, while Muklas sustained a head injury.
The police are investigating the cause of the accident. (roi)
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Zero down-payment housing not for all: Sandiaga
- Trial resumes of Kim Jong-Nam murder suspects
- Shuttlers try newly renovated Istora stadium ahead of Indonesia Masters
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press