Three workers die in Pakubuwono Spring construction accident
The Jakarta Post
Three construction workers died and three others were badly injured on Tuesday after a concrete canopy at the construction site of Pakubuwono Spring Apartment in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, collapsed.
A witness from contractor PT Tunas Jaya Sanur, Kurment, told the Jakarta Police that seven workers had been installing the canopy and painting a connecting wall when the accident occurred.
At around 8.15 p.m., the overhead roof fell on six of the workers who were working on the lower part of the wall.
“The supervisors took four victims to Medika Permata Hijau hospital, while the other two victims died [on site],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday.
The casualties have been identified as Adi alias Bima, Khoirul Mas’um and Dedi Irawan.
The other workers, Aris Suryanto and Idris, sustained injuries to the leg and hand, while Muklas sustained a head injury.
The police are investigating the cause of the accident. (roi)
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- A world without America
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech