Three workers die in Pakubuwono Spring construction accident
The Jakarta Post
Three construction workers died and three others were badly injured on Tuesday after a concrete canopy at the construction site of Pakubuwono Spring Apartment in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, collapsed.
A witness from contractor PT Tunas Jaya Sanur, Kurment, told the Jakarta Police that seven workers had been installing the canopy and painting a connecting wall when the accident occurred.
At around 8.15 p.m., the overhead roof fell on six of the workers who were working on the lower part of the wall.
“The supervisors took four victims to Medika Permata Hijau hospital, while the other two victims died [on site],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday.
The casualties have been identified as Adi alias Bima, Khoirul Mas’um and Dedi Irawan.
The other workers, Aris Suryanto and Idris, sustained injuries to the leg and hand, while Muklas sustained a head injury.
The police are investigating the cause of the accident. (roi)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy
- Rupiah projected at Rp 15,000 per US dollar in 2019 state budget
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case