Three workers die in Pakubuwono Spring construction accident
The Jakarta Post
Three construction workers died and three others were badly injured on Tuesday after a concrete canopy at the construction site of Pakubuwono Spring Apartment in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, collapsed.
A witness from contractor PT Tunas Jaya Sanur, Kurment, told the Jakarta Police that seven workers had been installing the canopy and painting a connecting wall when the accident occurred.
At around 8.15 p.m., the overhead roof fell on six of the workers who were working on the lower part of the wall.
“The supervisors took four victims to Medika Permata Hijau hospital, while the other two victims died [on site],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday.
The casualties have been identified as Adi alias Bima, Khoirul Mas’um and Dedi Irawan.
The other workers, Aris Suryanto and Idris, sustained injuries to the leg and hand, while Muklas sustained a head injury.
The police are investigating the cause of the accident. (roi)
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Government to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers