Man caught mistreating animals ready to work at park
The Jakarta Post
Philips Bondi, a young man caught on video giving alcohol to animals at Taman Safari Indonesia (TSI) in Cisarua, Bogor, West Java, agreed on Thursday to care for animals as penitence.
He also agreed to apologize for his behavior in three newspapers -- Kompas, Media Indonesia and The Jakarta Post.
Bondi and Alyssa Dwi Fitri Amanda, who taped him giving red wine to a deer and a hippopotamus at the park in November, and TSI director Jansen Manansang signed an agreement on Thursday.
Besides stating his willingness to tend to animals at the park, the agreement also states that Bondi and Alyssa will formally apologize to the Environment and Forestry Ministry and the TSI in front of journalists from print and online media.
Both Bondi and Alyssa promised not to repeat their mistake and not release recordings without the park's consent.
“I deeply regret what I did to animals at the TSI. I seek forgiveness from the TSI, the people of Indonesia and the international community for my mistake,” said Bondi, speaking with tears in his eyes. (ebf)
Remorseful: Philips Bondi (left) seeks forgiveness from Taman Safari Indonesia (TSI) for his behavior at a press conference on Thursday. TSI director Jansen Manansang (right) and Alyssa Dwi Fitri Amanda (second right), who recorded Bondi giving red wine to a deer and a hippopotamus, were also present. (JP/Theresia Sufa)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger