Seven inmates escape from Pekalongan jail
The Jakarta Post
Seven inmates, comprising six drug convicts and a convicted sex abuser, escaped from Pekalongan Penitentiary in Central Java on Friday afternoon by scaling the prison wall.
The seven used an iron bar as a tool to help climb the wall at 1:50 p.m., Central Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Agus Triatmaja said.
“They prepared the iron bar and hid it in a pond located inside the jail complex. They climbed the wall behind a mosque inside the complex,” Agus told The Jakarta Post on Friday.
It is unclear where they obtained the iron bar.
One of the inmates turned himself in to the Pekalongan Police not long after the jailbreak.
The police have since captured three other inmates, while the other three remain at large. (ipa)
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design