Bekasi Police raid drug factory producing 10,000 ecstasy tablets per day
The Jakarta Post
Police in Bekasi, West Java, have raided a drug factory in the residential compound of Griya Sukmajaya in Depok, which allegedly produced around 10,000 ecstasy tablets with a turnover of Rp 2 billion (US$148,000) per day.
The police, however, are still looking for the house owner identified only as AU, alias Uut, and his wife, said Bekasi Police drug unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Ahmad Fanani on Friday night.
Ahmad further said the police had discovered the existence of the factory when three ecstasy distributors were arrested in East Bekasi and police then tracked down the people allegedly involved in the network to Cipanas, West Java.
The police then found one drug dealer, identified only as MA, in Cimanggis, Depok who was questioned about a crystal methamphetamine factory in the area on Dec. 20. MA was reportedly shot dead for allegedly attempting to escape.
“We needed to go under cover for more than a month to locate the factory,” Ahmad said as quoted by tempo.co
According to Ahmad, the ecstasy network was run from three correctional institutions in Cipinang in East Jakarta, Gunung Sindur in Bogor, West Java, and Slawi in Tegal, Central Java.
The police also investigated a Cipinang inmate, Poni Tjandra, regarding control of the drug factory in Depok.
In the Sukmajaya factory, the police seized six packages containing 60,000 ecstasy tablets, which were to be delivered to Jakarta, Bandung, West Java, Medan in North Sumatra and Surabaya, East Java. (wnd)
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- BMKG warns of high waves around Lombok
- Prabowo visits Yudhoyono in hospital