Transjakarta to fully operate on NYE
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta-owned bus service Transjakarta will serve passengers at all stops along Corridor 1 connecting Blok M in South Jakarta to Kota in West Jakarta on New Year’s Eve.
The city's transportation agency previously announced that Transjakarta buses from Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat to Jl. MH Thamrin would stop at the Arjuna Wiwaha statue, while buses from Jl.Jend.Sudirman would operate until the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle.
The service will facilitate those partaking in festivities centered at the National Monument (Monas) park and Jl. MH Thamrin, Central Jakarta.
“Jakarta Transportation Agency officers along with police officers and Transjakarta workers will guard the [busway lane],” Transjakarta spokesperson Wibowo said Saturday.
Transjakarta will also operate a New Year’s Eve-only route from Harmoni bus stop to Ancol in North Jakarta, from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day, Wibowo added.
He also assured that Transjakarta services would be available around-the-clock, as usual, except for Corridor 13, which connects Jl.Tendean to Jl.Ciledug in South Jakarta.
Transjakarta plans to prepare more buses to anticipate a higher-than-usual number of passengers on all routes. (wnd)
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- BMKG warns of high waves around Lombok
- Prabowo visits Yudhoyono in hospital