Transjakarta to fully operate on NYE
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta-owned bus service Transjakarta will serve passengers at all stops along Corridor 1 connecting Blok M in South Jakarta to Kota in West Jakarta on New Year’s Eve.
The city's transportation agency previously announced that Transjakarta buses from Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat to Jl. MH Thamrin would stop at the Arjuna Wiwaha statue, while buses from Jl.Jend.Sudirman would operate until the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle.
The service will facilitate those partaking in festivities centered at the National Monument (Monas) park and Jl. MH Thamrin, Central Jakarta.
“Jakarta Transportation Agency officers along with police officers and Transjakarta workers will guard the [busway lane],” Transjakarta spokesperson Wibowo said Saturday.
Transjakarta will also operate a New Year’s Eve-only route from Harmoni bus stop to Ancol in North Jakarta, from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day, Wibowo added.
He also assured that Transjakarta services would be available around-the-clock, as usual, except for Corridor 13, which connects Jl.Tendean to Jl.Ciledug in South Jakarta.
Transjakarta plans to prepare more buses to anticipate a higher-than-usual number of passengers on all routes. (wnd)
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design