Corpse found on Jakarta-Cikampek toll road
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified male corpse was found on the shoulder of the Jakarta-Cikampek highway on Wednesday morning.
The Bekasi Police sent the corpse to the Kramat Jati Police Hospital in West Jakarta for an autopsy.
Bekasi Police spokesperson Adj. Comr. Sukrisno said blisters and cuts were found all over the corpse. Traces of asphalt from the road were also found on the corpse’s clothes.
“We suspect the man died in a hit-and-run accident,” he said.
Sukrisno said the police had received a report about a single-vehicle accident on Tuesday night near where the body was found.
“We are coordinating with the Bekasi Police’s traffic unit to investigate the accident last night,” Sukrisno said.
The police suspect that the victim was a homeless man who had wandered onto the highway. The victim had curly brown hair and was wearing a black shirt with shabby brown trousers.
Inquiries about the man can be made at the South Cikarang Police station by anyone who may be able to identify the body. (dpk/wit)
- Big Bad Wolf 2018 to offer Mandarin books
- Essential guide to remote travel in eastern Indonesia
- The skinny on McDonald’s Indonesia ‘nasi uduk’ set
- Jakarta to open first two-pronged underpass to public
- 100 'ojek' drivers gather at Central Jakarta apartment complex after alleged assault
- African nations are now more like Wakanda: Foreign Ministry
- Woman dies at Soekarno-Hatta after arriving from Sydney
- Five Indonesians on Saudi’s death row because of ‘magic’
- More than 130 pilot whales die in mass Australia beaching
- Indonesia calls for joint effort to tax Google, Facebook, Amazon