Corpse found on Jakarta-Cikampek toll road
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified male corpse was found on the shoulder of the Jakarta-Cikampek highway on Wednesday morning.
The Bekasi Police sent the corpse to the Kramat Jati Police Hospital in West Jakarta for an autopsy.
Bekasi Police spokesperson Adj. Comr. Sukrisno said blisters and cuts were found all over the corpse. Traces of asphalt from the road were also found on the corpse’s clothes.
“We suspect the man died in a hit-and-run accident,” he said.
Sukrisno said the police had received a report about a single-vehicle accident on Tuesday night near where the body was found.
“We are coordinating with the Bekasi Police’s traffic unit to investigate the accident last night,” Sukrisno said.
The police suspect that the victim was a homeless man who had wandered onto the highway. The victim had curly brown hair and was wearing a black shirt with shabby brown trousers.
Inquiries about the man can be made at the South Cikarang Police station by anyone who may be able to identify the body. (dpk/wit)
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Airbus floats shutdown of A380 superjumbo as orders stall