Corpse found on Jakarta-Cikampek toll road
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified male corpse was found on the shoulder of the Jakarta-Cikampek highway on Wednesday morning.
The Bekasi Police sent the corpse to the Kramat Jati Police Hospital in West Jakarta for an autopsy.
Bekasi Police spokesperson Adj. Comr. Sukrisno said blisters and cuts were found all over the corpse. Traces of asphalt from the road were also found on the corpse’s clothes.
“We suspect the man died in a hit-and-run accident,” he said.
Sukrisno said the police had received a report about a single-vehicle accident on Tuesday night near where the body was found.
“We are coordinating with the Bekasi Police’s traffic unit to investigate the accident last night,” Sukrisno said.
The police suspect that the victim was a homeless man who had wandered onto the highway. The victim had curly brown hair and was wearing a black shirt with shabby brown trousers.
Inquiries about the man can be made at the South Cikarang Police station by anyone who may be able to identify the body. (dpk/wit)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world