3 candidate pairs ready to register for S. Sulawesi gubernatorial election
The Jakarta Post
The South Sulawesi General Elections Commission (KPU) confirmed on Wednesday that it had received a notification letter from three pairs of candidates who will compete in the province’s gubernatorial election scheduled for June 27.
“As of today, we have received letters from three candidate pairs who will register for their participation in the upcoming gubernatorial election,” KPU South Sulawesi chairman Asrar Marlang said on Wednesday.
The three candidate pairs are Nurdin Abdullah – Andi Sudirman Sulaiman, Nurdin Halid – Abdul Aziz Qahhar Mudzakkar and Ichsan Yasin Limpo – Andi Mudzakkar.
Asrar said two candidate pairs, namely Nurdin-Sudirman and Nurdin-Abdul, were scheduled to register on Monday. Ichsan-Mudzakkar will register on Tuesday.
“Our candidates are scheduled to register at 8 a.m. local time on Monday,” said Nurdin-Sudirman campaign team spokesperson Bunyamin Arsyad.
Nurdin currently serves as Bantaeng regent. Sudirman is the younger brother of Agriculture Minister Andi Amran Sulaiman. The Nurdin-Sudirman ticket is supported by four political parties, the Gerindra Party, the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS), the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) and the National Mandate Party (PAN).
The Nurdin-Aziz pair, which is backed by the Golkar Party, the NasDem Party, the Indonesian Justice and Unity Party, the National Awakening Party (PKB) and the Hanura Party will register at 10 a.m.
Ichsan, who will register with his running mate Mudzakkar on Tuesday, is the former regent of Gowa. He is the younger brother of South Sulawesi Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo. (ebf)
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Sandiaga urges posh neighborhood to stop using groundwater
- Netflix royal drama 'The Crown' apologizes over pay furor
- US Fed to hike interest rates for first time in 2018