3 candidate pairs ready to register for S. Sulawesi gubernatorial election
The Jakarta Post
The South Sulawesi General Elections Commission (KPU) confirmed on Wednesday that it had received a notification letter from three pairs of candidates who will compete in the province’s gubernatorial election scheduled for June 27.
“As of today, we have received letters from three candidate pairs who will register for their participation in the upcoming gubernatorial election,” KPU South Sulawesi chairman Asrar Marlang said on Wednesday.
The three candidate pairs are Nurdin Abdullah – Andi Sudirman Sulaiman, Nurdin Halid – Abdul Aziz Qahhar Mudzakkar and Ichsan Yasin Limpo – Andi Mudzakkar.
Asrar said two candidate pairs, namely Nurdin-Sudirman and Nurdin-Abdul, were scheduled to register on Monday. Ichsan-Mudzakkar will register on Tuesday.
“Our candidates are scheduled to register at 8 a.m. local time on Monday,” said Nurdin-Sudirman campaign team spokesperson Bunyamin Arsyad.
Nurdin currently serves as Bantaeng regent. Sudirman is the younger brother of Agriculture Minister Andi Amran Sulaiman. The Nurdin-Sudirman ticket is supported by four political parties, the Gerindra Party, the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS), the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) and the National Mandate Party (PAN).
The Nurdin-Aziz pair, which is backed by the Golkar Party, the NasDem Party, the Indonesian Justice and Unity Party, the National Awakening Party (PKB) and the Hanura Party will register at 10 a.m.
Ichsan, who will register with his running mate Mudzakkar on Tuesday, is the former regent of Gowa. He is the younger brother of South Sulawesi Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo. (ebf)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation