Govt spends big on energy subsidies
Marchio Irfan Gorbiano and Viriya P Singgih
The Jakarta Post
The government bore the brunt of rising commodity prices last year, spending more on energy subsidies than what was set in the revised 2017 state budget.
The government set aside Rp 97.6 trillion (US$7.2 billion) for energy subsidies in 2017, 108.7 percent of the Rp 89.9 trillion allocated in the revised 2017 budget, according to data from the Finance Ministry.
Electricity subsidies ...
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design