Govt spends big on energy subsidies
Marchio Irfan Gorbiano and Viriya P Singgih
The Jakarta Post
The government bore the brunt of rising commodity prices last year, spending more on energy subsidies than what was set in the revised 2017 state budget.
The government set aside Rp 97.6 trillion (US$7.2 billion) for energy subsidies in 2017, 108.7 percent of the Rp 89.9 trillion allocated in the revised 2017 budget, according to data from the Finance Ministry.
Electricity subsidies ...
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- A world without America
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech