Govt spends big on energy subsidies
Marchio Irfan Gorbiano and Viriya P Singgih
The Jakarta Post
The government bore the brunt of rising commodity prices last year, spending more on energy subsidies than what was set in the revised 2017 state budget.
The government set aside Rp 97.6 trillion (US$7.2 billion) for energy subsidies in 2017, 108.7 percent of the Rp 89.9 trillion allocated in the revised 2017 budget, according to data from the Finance Ministry.
Electricity subsidies ...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018