OJK open to talks with Japanese lenders
The Jakarta Post
The Financial Services Authority (OJK) has said it is open to discussing plans by major Japanese lenders Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG) to acquire stakes in Indonesian banks.
The OJK, however, has yet to approve the plans as the Japanese banks have not officially informed the financial regulator about them.
“They were still just pla...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu