Yenny chooses not to run in East Java race
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Wahyoe Boediwardhana
The Jakarta Post
The Gerindra Party is looking for candidates for the East Java gubernatorial election after it failed to secure as its nominee Yenny Wahid, the daughter of former president and Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) leader Abudurrahman “Gus Dur” Wahid.
Yenny was seen by many a strong candidate that would have been able to put up a good fight in the race in the province, which is known as an NU stronghold...
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- House to set up team to monitor rice import policy
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus