Yenny chooses not to run in East Java race
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Wahyoe Boediwardhana
The Jakarta Post
The Gerindra Party is looking for candidates for the East Java gubernatorial election after it failed to secure as its nominee Yenny Wahid, the daughter of former president and Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) leader Abudurrahman “Gus Dur” Wahid.
Yenny was seen by many a strong candidate that would have been able to put up a good fight in the race in the province, which is known as an NU stronghold...
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech