Yenny chooses not to run in East Java race
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Wahyoe Boediwardhana
The Jakarta Post
The Gerindra Party is looking for candidates for the East Java gubernatorial election after it failed to secure as its nominee Yenny Wahid, the daughter of former president and Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) leader Abudurrahman “Gus Dur” Wahid.
Yenny was seen by many a strong candidate that would have been able to put up a good fight in the race in the province, which is known as an NU stronghold...
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests