Incumbent Bogor mayor candidate introduces running mate
The Jakarta Post
Bogor Mayor Bima Arya has introduced graft investigator Dedie A. Rachim as his running mate in the 2018 mayoral election.
Bima and Dedie greeted residents at Sempur Field, Bogor, on Sunday.
The two candidates were seen relaxed walking around the Bogor Botanical Gardens and the Bogor Palace before they proceeded to Sempur Field.
“I strongly believe that Kang Dedie will be accepted. I will carry out a road show with Kang Dedie, and I will communicate with Golkar and our other supporting parties,” said Bima, referring to his running mate.
“We are focusing our attention to consolidate with our supporting parties, namely the Golkar Party, the NasDem Party and the Democratic Party, and only after that will we start preparing our mission and vision,” he went on.
Bima said among reasons he chose Dedie as his running mate was the latter’s role as a director at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
“Hence, we have often coordinated on bureaucratic reform,” said the mayor.
Dedie said he agreed to run in the mayoral race because he was a native of Bogor. “I agreed to be a mayoral deputy candidate because I want to contribute to the development of Bogor. We at the minimum want to continue what has been done under his leadership,” said Dedie. (ebf)
All set: Incumbent Bogor mayor candidate Bima Arya (left) and his running mate, Dedie A.Rachim (right), take a picture with residents at Sempur Field, Bogor, West Java, on Sunday. (JP/Theresia Sufa)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation