Incumbent Bogor mayor candidate introduces running mate
The Jakarta Post
Bogor Mayor Bima Arya has introduced graft investigator Dedie A. Rachim as his running mate in the 2018 mayoral election.
Bima and Dedie greeted residents at Sempur Field, Bogor, on Sunday.
The two candidates were seen relaxed walking around the Bogor Botanical Gardens and the Bogor Palace before they proceeded to Sempur Field.
“I strongly believe that Kang Dedie will be accepted. I will carry out a road show with Kang Dedie, and I will communicate with Golkar and our other supporting parties,” said Bima, referring to his running mate.
“We are focusing our attention to consolidate with our supporting parties, namely the Golkar Party, the NasDem Party and the Democratic Party, and only after that will we start preparing our mission and vision,” he went on.
Bima said among reasons he chose Dedie as his running mate was the latter’s role as a director at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
“Hence, we have often coordinated on bureaucratic reform,” said the mayor.
Dedie said he agreed to run in the mayoral race because he was a native of Bogor. “I agreed to be a mayoral deputy candidate because I want to contribute to the development of Bogor. We at the minimum want to continue what has been done under his leadership,” said Dedie. (ebf)
All set: Incumbent Bogor mayor candidate Bima Arya (left) and his running mate, Dedie A.Rachim (right), take a picture with residents at Sempur Field, Bogor, West Java, on Sunday. (JP/Theresia Sufa)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation