Councillor demands Jakarta corruption prevention team member be dismissed
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Council member Prabowo Soenirman demanded that one member of the city’s Corruption Prevention Committee, M. Yusuf, be removed due to potential conflict of interest.
“M. Yusuf is currently the main commissioner of city-owned hotel management firm Jakarta Toursindo. If he becomes a member of the committee and serves as a business commissioner at the same time, there will be a conflict of interest,” Prabowo said Tuesday as quoted by wartakotalive.com.
Prabowo, who is a politician from the Gerindra Party, also reminded Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to take firm action against Yusuf if the latter did not resign from his post at Jakarta Toursindo.
Anies appointed last week former Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) commissioner Bambang Widjojanto as head of the committee, which has other four members.
The committee, which consists of five individuals, is part of the controversial Team for Development Acceleration (TGUPP). Apart from Yusuf, the team comprises human rights activist Nursyahbani Katjasungkana, former National Police deputy chief Comr. Gen. Oegroeseno and governance expert Tatak Ujiyati. (wnd)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday