Councillor demands Jakarta corruption prevention team member be dismissed
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Council member Prabowo Soenirman demanded that one member of the city’s Corruption Prevention Committee, M. Yusuf, be removed due to potential conflict of interest.
“M. Yusuf is currently the main commissioner of city-owned hotel management firm Jakarta Toursindo. If he becomes a member of the committee and serves as a business commissioner at the same time, there will be a conflict of interest,” Prabowo said Tuesday as quoted by wartakotalive.com.
Prabowo, who is a politician from the Gerindra Party, also reminded Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to take firm action against Yusuf if the latter did not resign from his post at Jakarta Toursindo.
Anies appointed last week former Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) commissioner Bambang Widjojanto as head of the committee, which has other four members.
The committee, which consists of five individuals, is part of the controversial Team for Development Acceleration (TGUPP). Apart from Yusuf, the team comprises human rights activist Nursyahbani Katjasungkana, former National Police deputy chief Comr. Gen. Oegroeseno and governance expert Tatak Ujiyati. (wnd)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform