Councillor demands Jakarta corruption prevention team member be dismissed
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Council member Prabowo Soenirman demanded that one member of the city’s Corruption Prevention Committee, M. Yusuf, be removed due to potential conflict of interest.
“M. Yusuf is currently the main commissioner of city-owned hotel management firm Jakarta Toursindo. If he becomes a member of the committee and serves as a business commissioner at the same time, there will be a conflict of interest,” Prabowo said Tuesday as quoted by wartakotalive.com.
Prabowo, who is a politician from the Gerindra Party, also reminded Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to take firm action against Yusuf if the latter did not resign from his post at Jakarta Toursindo.
Anies appointed last week former Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) commissioner Bambang Widjojanto as head of the committee, which has other four members.
The committee, which consists of five individuals, is part of the controversial Team for Development Acceleration (TGUPP). Apart from Yusuf, the team comprises human rights activist Nursyahbani Katjasungkana, former National Police deputy chief Comr. Gen. Oegroeseno and governance expert Tatak Ujiyati. (wnd)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Four-meter snake found in West Jakarta restaurant
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta