Councillor demands Jakarta corruption prevention team member be dismissed
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Council member Prabowo Soenirman demanded that one member of the city’s Corruption Prevention Committee, M. Yusuf, be removed due to potential conflict of interest.
“M. Yusuf is currently the main commissioner of city-owned hotel management firm Jakarta Toursindo. If he becomes a member of the committee and serves as a business commissioner at the same time, there will be a conflict of interest,” Prabowo said Tuesday as quoted by wartakotalive.com.
Prabowo, who is a politician from the Gerindra Party, also reminded Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to take firm action against Yusuf if the latter did not resign from his post at Jakarta Toursindo.
Anies appointed last week former Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) commissioner Bambang Widjojanto as head of the committee, which has other four members.
The committee, which consists of five individuals, is part of the controversial Team for Development Acceleration (TGUPP). Apart from Yusuf, the team comprises human rights activist Nursyahbani Katjasungkana, former National Police deputy chief Comr. Gen. Oegroeseno and governance expert Tatak Ujiyati. (wnd)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators