Police to release sketch of suspect in murder of university student
The Jakarta Post
The West Jakarta Police will produce sketches of the alleged killer of Esa Unggul University student Tri Any Yani Puspo Arum, 22, based on information from witnesses.
Arum was murdered in her boarding house in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, on Jan. 9 last year, and the police have not yet found substantial clues to identify potential suspects. The victim was reportedly stabbed in her neck and back.
“There will be three sketches [made], but the sketches of the alleged perpetrators [will be] based on witnesses’ testimonies,” said police criminal unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Edy Suranta Sitepu on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that when the sketches were done, they would be cross-checked with other evidence before being released to public.
“The one that most resembles the perpetrator[s] will be released to the public. So far we have made a sketch based on testimony from the witness [from Nigeria]. We will make other sketches based on the victim’s neighbors’ information,” Edy said.
The Nigerian witness lived beside Arum’s room at the time of the incident.
Earlier, the police said it was difficult to find the perpetrator due to lack of witnesses and the murder scene having been “spoiled” when they arrived. (wnd)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators