Police to release sketch of suspect in murder of university student
The Jakarta Post
The West Jakarta Police will produce sketches of the alleged killer of Esa Unggul University student Tri Any Yani Puspo Arum, 22, based on information from witnesses.
Arum was murdered in her boarding house in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, on Jan. 9 last year, and the police have not yet found substantial clues to identify potential suspects. The victim was reportedly stabbed in her neck and back.
“There will be three sketches [made], but the sketches of the alleged perpetrators [will be] based on witnesses’ testimonies,” said police criminal unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Edy Suranta Sitepu on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that when the sketches were done, they would be cross-checked with other evidence before being released to public.
“The one that most resembles the perpetrator[s] will be released to the public. So far we have made a sketch based on testimony from the witness [from Nigeria]. We will make other sketches based on the victim’s neighbors’ information,” Edy said.
The Nigerian witness lived beside Arum’s room at the time of the incident.
Earlier, the police said it was difficult to find the perpetrator due to lack of witnesses and the murder scene having been “spoiled” when they arrived. (wnd)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform