Car Free Day planned on South Jakarta overpass
The Jakarta Post
South Jakarta plans to hold a Car Free Day along the Antasari overpass on Sunday.
“The first Car Free Day will be held on Jan.14. At present, we are disseminating information to the public via subdistrict offices and we will put up banners soon,” said South Jakarta Deputy Mayor Arifin recently as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the overpass experienced relatively light traffic on Sunday mornings, while vehicles could alternatively use Jl. Pangeran Antasari.
The municipality also plans to extend the Car Free Day to Warung Buncit.
“Mampang is too crowded. It is difficult to cycle or run there. So, I hope people can exercise on the overpass,” Arifin said. (wnd)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday