Car Free Day planned on South Jakarta overpass
The Jakarta Post
South Jakarta plans to hold a Car Free Day along the Antasari overpass on Sunday.
“The first Car Free Day will be held on Jan.14. At present, we are disseminating information to the public via subdistrict offices and we will put up banners soon,” said South Jakarta Deputy Mayor Arifin recently as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the overpass experienced relatively light traffic on Sunday mornings, while vehicles could alternatively use Jl. Pangeran Antasari.
The municipality also plans to extend the Car Free Day to Warung Buncit.
“Mampang is too crowded. It is difficult to cycle or run there. So, I hope people can exercise on the overpass,” Arifin said. (wnd)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Four-meter snake found in West Jakarta restaurant
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta