Car Free Day planned on South Jakarta overpass
The Jakarta Post
South Jakarta plans to hold a Car Free Day along the Antasari overpass on Sunday.
“The first Car Free Day will be held on Jan.14. At present, we are disseminating information to the public via subdistrict offices and we will put up banners soon,” said South Jakarta Deputy Mayor Arifin recently as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the overpass experienced relatively light traffic on Sunday mornings, while vehicles could alternatively use Jl. Pangeran Antasari.
The municipality also plans to extend the Car Free Day to Warung Buncit.
“Mampang is too crowded. It is difficult to cycle or run there. So, I hope people can exercise on the overpass,” Arifin said. (wnd)
- Bekasi wants roads free of 'Pak Ogah'
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators
- FBI warned Trump's son in-law on Murdoch ex-wife: report
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Newly opened Pancoran overpass lacks worthiness certificate
- Immigration office hunts two foreigners at protest in Batam
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm