Car Free Day planned on South Jakarta overpass
The Jakarta Post
South Jakarta plans to hold a Car Free Day along the Antasari overpass on Sunday.
“The first Car Free Day will be held on Jan.14. At present, we are disseminating information to the public via subdistrict offices and we will put up banners soon,” said South Jakarta Deputy Mayor Arifin recently as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the overpass experienced relatively light traffic on Sunday mornings, while vehicles could alternatively use Jl. Pangeran Antasari.
The municipality also plans to extend the Car Free Day to Warung Buncit.
“Mampang is too crowded. It is difficult to cycle or run there. So, I hope people can exercise on the overpass,” Arifin said. (wnd)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform