Jakarta, SOE Ministry team up to improve slum areas
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Minister Rini Soemarno agreed on Wednesday to establish a joint team focusing on improving some 220 slum areas in the city.
“There are many slum areas in Jakarta. We expect to realize programs focusing on bridging the social gap, especially by implementing better urban planning,” Anies said after a meeting with Rini at City Hall.
Anies said the first step would be to form a team with the SOE Ministry.
“The Jakarta administration would be represented by its city secretary [Saefullah] in meeting with the ministry team,” he said.
Rini said the Jakarta administration would be focusing on some 220 slums, adding that the initiative to improve the areas could be aligned with the ministry’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs.
“We can redirect the CSR programs to focus more on the city’s slum areas, as well as to help improve the residents’ economy,” said Rini. (gis)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Four-meter snake found in West Jakarta restaurant
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta