Jakarta, SOE Ministry team up to improve slum areas
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Minister Rini Soemarno agreed on Wednesday to establish a joint team focusing on improving some 220 slum areas in the city.
“There are many slum areas in Jakarta. We expect to realize programs focusing on bridging the social gap, especially by implementing better urban planning,” Anies said after a meeting with Rini at City Hall.
Anies said the first step would be to form a team with the SOE Ministry.
“The Jakarta administration would be represented by its city secretary [Saefullah] in meeting with the ministry team,” he said.
Rini said the Jakarta administration would be focusing on some 220 slums, adding that the initiative to improve the areas could be aligned with the ministry’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs.
“We can redirect the CSR programs to focus more on the city’s slum areas, as well as to help improve the residents’ economy,” said Rini. (gis)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators