Jakarta, SOE Ministry team up to improve slum areas
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Minister Rini Soemarno agreed on Wednesday to establish a joint team focusing on improving some 220 slum areas in the city.
“There are many slum areas in Jakarta. We expect to realize programs focusing on bridging the social gap, especially by implementing better urban planning,” Anies said after a meeting with Rini at City Hall.
Anies said the first step would be to form a team with the SOE Ministry.
“The Jakarta administration would be represented by its city secretary [Saefullah] in meeting with the ministry team,” he said.
Rini said the Jakarta administration would be focusing on some 220 slums, adding that the initiative to improve the areas could be aligned with the ministry’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs.
“We can redirect the CSR programs to focus more on the city’s slum areas, as well as to help improve the residents’ economy,” said Rini. (gis)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform