1,244 investment projects not yet realized: Coordinating minister
The Jakarta Post
Many investors that registered their investment plans with the Investment Coordination Board (BKPM) between 2010 and 2017 have not realized their projects, the Coordinating Economic Minister said on Wednesday.
The Office of the Coordinating Economic Minister's records show that 1,244 projects have not been implemented, including 1,054 projects that were registered after the Sept. 24 issuance of Presidential Regulation No. 91/2017 on business implementation acceleration.
According to the tribunnews.com report, Economic Coordinating Minister Darmin Nasution said on Wednesday in Jakarta that the government would combine the task forces on business implementation acceleration and on economic policy packages (PKE) to facilitate investors that were facing obstacles in implementing their projects.
“We will combine the two task forces because we need a lot of people [to help investors],” Darmin said, adding that more investors were expected to immediately realize their projects with the support of the combined task force,
“The new task force is expected to increase the efficiency of the investment process," said Darmin. “Our target is for the new task force to start operating in February to ensure that the investors will implement their plans,” he added.
The majority of unrealized projects are under the Trade Ministry with 427 projects, followed by the Industry Ministry (256 projects) and the Tourism Ministry (159 projects).
The planned investment comprises Rp Rp 351 trillion (US$24.57 billion) from domestic investors and $54.6 billion from foreign investors. (bbn)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor