PT Pos welcomes plan to establish logistics holding
The Jakarta Post
State-owned postal service firm PT Pos Indonesia president director Gilarsi Wahju Setijono has expressed support for the State-owned Enterprises Ministry's plan to establish a state-owned logistics holding firm.
Previously State-owned Enterprises Minister Rini Soemarno said the logistics holding SOE would be supported by a number of SOEs like the National Logistics Agency (Bulok) and PT Pos Indonesia as well as subsidies of airport operators.
Gilarsi said such a firm would be competitive as it would benefit from the shared use of logistics infrastructure owned by each firm.
He said, as an example, that the holding could make us of the the planned cargo village infrastructure development set to be constructed by state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II (AP II) at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
“The firm would benefit from the shared use of such a facility. That is why we have to collaborate,” Gilarsi said in Jakarta on Wednesday, referring to the facility to be developed on a 90-hectare plot of land and scheduled to begin operation in 2019.
Exchange of know-how, competence and resources owned by the companies that would join the holding firm would be another advantage.
However, he said the holding firm should consider the different business characteristics of each firm.
He gave the example of PT Pos, which is focused mainly on last mile deliveries, which uses small vehicles. "It is different from the firms that deliver bulky items by using big trucks," he added. (srs/bbn)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor