Fredrich a no-show at KPK questioning
The Jakarta Post
Fredrich Yunadi, a lawyer who is now a suspect in a case of obstruction of justice, failed to appear for Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) questioning on Friday.
Fredrich is accused of helping his client, Setya Novanto an embattled politician and graft suspect, to avoid law enforcement.
“Fredrich cannot come here today,” his lawyer, Sapriyanto Refa, told the media at the KPK headquarters on Friday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Fredrich, according to Sapriyanto, had requested that the KPK reschedule on the grounds that he wanted to first complete an ethics investigation by the Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi).
Therefore, Sapriyanto came to the KPK on Friday to seek confirmation on whether or not it had granted a request for postponement they filed on Thursday.
The obstruction of justice case centers on an incident at private hospital Medika Permata Hijau in Jakarta where Setya was admitted for medical treatment following a car accident in November.
KPK suspected the treatment was fabricated so that Setya could avoid its investigation into his role in the electronic identity (e-ID) graft scandal.
The antigraft body has also named another suspect in the obstruction of justice case -- Bimanesh Sutarjo -- a medical doctor at Medika.
KPK has also issued Bimanesh with a summons for questioning on Friday. (hol/ipa)
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall