Fredrich a no-show at KPK questioning
The Jakarta Post
Fredrich Yunadi, a lawyer who is now a suspect in a case of obstruction of justice, failed to appear for Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) questioning on Friday.
Fredrich is accused of helping his client, Setya Novanto an embattled politician and graft suspect, to avoid law enforcement.
“Fredrich cannot come here today,” his lawyer, Sapriyanto Refa, told the media at the KPK headquarters on Friday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Fredrich, according to Sapriyanto, had requested that the KPK reschedule on the grounds that he wanted to first complete an ethics investigation by the Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi).
Therefore, Sapriyanto came to the KPK on Friday to seek confirmation on whether or not it had granted a request for postponement they filed on Thursday.
The obstruction of justice case centers on an incident at private hospital Medika Permata Hijau in Jakarta where Setya was admitted for medical treatment following a car accident in November.
KPK suspected the treatment was fabricated so that Setya could avoid its investigation into his role in the electronic identity (e-ID) graft scandal.
The antigraft body has also named another suspect in the obstruction of justice case -- Bimanesh Sutarjo -- a medical doctor at Medika.
KPK has also issued Bimanesh with a summons for questioning on Friday. (hol/ipa)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy