Fredrich a no-show at KPK questioning
The Jakarta Post
Fredrich Yunadi, a lawyer who is now a suspect in a case of obstruction of justice, failed to appear for Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) questioning on Friday.
Fredrich is accused of helping his client, Setya Novanto an embattled politician and graft suspect, to avoid law enforcement.
“Fredrich cannot come here today,” his lawyer, Sapriyanto Refa, told the media at the KPK headquarters on Friday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Fredrich, according to Sapriyanto, had requested that the KPK reschedule on the grounds that he wanted to first complete an ethics investigation by the Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi).
Therefore, Sapriyanto came to the KPK on Friday to seek confirmation on whether or not it had granted a request for postponement they filed on Thursday.
The obstruction of justice case centers on an incident at private hospital Medika Permata Hijau in Jakarta where Setya was admitted for medical treatment following a car accident in November.
KPK suspected the treatment was fabricated so that Setya could avoid its investigation into his role in the electronic identity (e-ID) graft scandal.
The antigraft body has also named another suspect in the obstruction of justice case -- Bimanesh Sutarjo -- a medical doctor at Medika.
KPK has also issued Bimanesh with a summons for questioning on Friday. (hol/ipa)
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Police investigate deadly overpass collapse in North Sulawesi