Government yet completes acquiring land for LRT project
The Jakarta Post
The government has yet completed acquiring land in several locations in Jakarta and its neighboring cities for the Greater Jakarta light rapid transit project, which has secured Rp 29.9 trillion (US$2.24 billion) in investments.
Agrarian and Spatial Planning Ministry land procurement director general Arie Yuriwin said in Jakarta on Friday that his office was trying to resolve land disputes in several areas where construction for the project is expected to take place, such as 6,000 square meters of land at Indonesia in Miniature Park (TMII) and Cawang, East Jakarta.
Land is needed for transit oriented development (TOD) that includes the construction of several apartments, including those for middle-lower class families. “For the land acquisition in Jakarta, we look to complete it in March,” said Arie as reported by kontan.co.id.
He said in East Bekasi, West Java, the acquisition of a 10-hectare plot of land for an LRT depot was expected to be completed in April.
Meanwhile, Deputy Finance Minister Mardiasmo said the ministry had disbursed funds for 36 percent of the land acquisition process for both LRT stations and depots.
He said Rp 1.6 trillion would soon be disbursed to acquire 142,000 square meters of land if the National Land Agency (BPN) were to make a deal with land owners. “Now, we are waiting for BPN to complete the land acquisition,” he added. (bbn)
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox