Greater Jakarta: City issues new welfare cards
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has launched on Friday the Kartu Pekerja (Workers Card) to fulfill its promise to lower daily expenses for workers earning the 2018 provincial minimum wage (UMP) or less.
The promise was made following a series of protests in November over the Rp 3.6 million (US$252) minimum wage set for 2018, which was less than the Rp 3.9 million labor unions had demanded.
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- EDITORIAL: Integrity first
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe