Practice of ‘political dowry’ on the rise, observers say
The Jakarta Post
In a bombshell allegation, businessman La Nyalla Mattalitti claimed on Thursday that Gerindra Party chief patron Prabowo Subianto asked him to pay Rp 40 billion (US$2.8 million) in return for the party’s endorsement for his gubernatorial bid in East Java.
The East Java Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) chairman said he refused to pay and lost his chance to contest the election.
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- EDITORIAL: Integrity first
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe