Practice of ‘political dowry’ on the rise, observers say
The Jakarta Post
In a bombshell allegation, businessman La Nyalla Mattalitti claimed on Thursday that Gerindra Party chief patron Prabowo Subianto asked him to pay Rp 40 billion (US$2.8 million) in return for the party’s endorsement for his gubernatorial bid in East Java.
The East Java Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) chairman said he refused to pay and lost his chance to contest the election.
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens