Practice of ‘political dowry’ on the rise, observers say
The Jakarta Post
In a bombshell allegation, businessman La Nyalla Mattalitti claimed on Thursday that Gerindra Party chief patron Prabowo Subianto asked him to pay Rp 40 billion (US$2.8 million) in return for the party’s endorsement for his gubernatorial bid in East Java.
The East Java Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) chairman said he refused to pay and lost his chance to contest the election.
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters