Teacher suspected of molesting students in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A physical education teacher has been arrested for allegedly molesting junior high school students in Pekayon, East Jakarta, police said on Friday.
Pasar Rebo Police chief Comr. Joko Waluyo said investigators were looking into the possibility of more victims in the case.
“So far, [we know of] only three. We are still developing the case,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
“All the victims are male,” Joko said, adding that the teacher had been arrested on Dec. 27.
Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI) commissioner Jasra Putra confirmed that the victims’ parents had reported the matter to the police on Dec. 23.
Jasra said KPAI approached the Pasar Rebo Police on Thursday after a message began circulating on social media claiming that more victims were involved.
He further said that the KPAI had encouraged the police to investigate whether the teacher had committed similar acts at an elementary school in Ciracas, North Jakarta, where he previously worked.
“The police agreed with the KPAI’s request and will visit the school where the perpetrator used to work,” he said. (dpk)
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's
- EDITORIAL: Bending the car culture
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Tiket.com eyes 250 percent growth in ticket, tour package sales
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu