Two killed in train-car collision in Pondok Ranji
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A train carrying coal travelling from Jakarta to Merak has hit a car, which was crossing the railway line at Pondok Ranji, South Tangerang, at 4 a.m. on Saturday, killing two people inside the car.
According to the South Tangerang police report, the car was carrying six people.
"The car ended up in a resident's garden after being hit by the train," the head of South Tangerang Police's criminal investigation unit Adj. Comr. Alexander Yurikho said.
One of the victims killed in the incident has been identified as Najwa, 17, a resident of Pondok Ranji, while the identity of the other fatality is still unknown.
The other victims, Andrean, 20, Antoni Ibrahimo, 22, Nurlela Fernita, 17 and Jeniar Mulya, 20, were injured and are currently hospitalized at Prapatan Duren hospital in Ciputat.
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence