Two killed in train-car collision in Pondok Ranji
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A train carrying coal travelling from Jakarta to Merak has hit a car, which was crossing the railway line at Pondok Ranji, South Tangerang, at 4 a.m. on Saturday, killing two people inside the car.
According to the South Tangerang police report, the car was carrying six people.
"The car ended up in a resident's garden after being hit by the train," the head of South Tangerang Police's criminal investigation unit Adj. Comr. Alexander Yurikho said.
One of the victims killed in the incident has been identified as Najwa, 17, a resident of Pondok Ranji, while the identity of the other fatality is still unknown.
The other victims, Andrean, 20, Antoni Ibrahimo, 22, Nurlela Fernita, 17 and Jeniar Mulya, 20, were injured and are currently hospitalized at Prapatan Duren hospital in Ciputat.
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry