Two killed in train-car collision in Pondok Ranji
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A train carrying coal travelling from Jakarta to Merak has hit a car, which was crossing the railway line at Pondok Ranji, South Tangerang, at 4 a.m. on Saturday, killing two people inside the car.
According to the South Tangerang police report, the car was carrying six people.
"The car ended up in a resident's garden after being hit by the train," the head of South Tangerang Police's criminal investigation unit Adj. Comr. Alexander Yurikho said.
One of the victims killed in the incident has been identified as Najwa, 17, a resident of Pondok Ranji, while the identity of the other fatality is still unknown.
The other victims, Andrean, 20, Antoni Ibrahimo, 22, Nurlela Fernita, 17 and Jeniar Mulya, 20, were injured and are currently hospitalized at Prapatan Duren hospital in Ciputat.
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall