Two killed in train-car collision in Pondok Ranji
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A train carrying coal travelling from Jakarta to Merak has hit a car, which was crossing the railway line at Pondok Ranji, South Tangerang, at 4 a.m. on Saturday, killing two people inside the car.
According to the South Tangerang police report, the car was carrying six people.
"The car ended up in a resident's garden after being hit by the train," the head of South Tangerang Police's criminal investigation unit Adj. Comr. Alexander Yurikho said.
One of the victims killed in the incident has been identified as Najwa, 17, a resident of Pondok Ranji, while the identity of the other fatality is still unknown.
The other victims, Andrean, 20, Antoni Ibrahimo, 22, Nurlela Fernita, 17 and Jeniar Mulya, 20, were injured and are currently hospitalized at Prapatan Duren hospital in Ciputat.
- Chinese tourists just can't get enough of Thailand
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- Indonesian film 'Kartini' screened at the UN in New York
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use