Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Video Weather icon 30°C
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
weather-icon
30°C Partly Cloudy

Dry and mostly cloudy throughout the day.

  • weather-icon

    Wed

    26℃ - 32℃

  • weather-icon

    Thu

    25℃ - 32℃

  • weather-icon

    Fri

    25℃ - 31℃

  • weather-icon

    Sat

    26℃ - 30℃

West Java govt, AP II to ink deal on new airport

  • Ary Hermawan

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta | Fri, January 19, 2018 | 10:08 am
West Java govt, AP II to ink deal on new airport A model illustration shows the completed Kertajati International Airport in Majalengka, West Java, which is set to open in July. (kompas.com/File)

The West Java provincial government will sign an agreement with state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II (AP II) on the operation of Kertajati International Airport, which is scheduled to open in July.

"Hopefully we can sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Feb. 10," West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan said on Thursday at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta.

Under the agreement, AP II will manage the airport's operation. 

Kertajati airport is currently being developed by PT Bandara Internasional Jawa Barat (BIJB), which is owned by the West Java government.

Separately, Heryawan said the West Java administration would maintain 51 percent ownership in BIJB, while the other 49 percent would be sold. The turnover from the shares sale would be used to develop the airport in Majalengka regency. “We want to keep majority shares in the BIJB," he said. (bbn)

Join the discussions