Video of Jokowi’s visit to Afghanistan goes viral
The Jakarta Post
Video footage of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo leading a prayer at a mosque in Kabul, Afghanistan has gone viral.
The video, which was recorded by the Presidential Palace’s media bureau, shows Jokowi leading a prayer while Afghan President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani and others stand behind him.
Before the prayer, Jokowi and Ghani reportedly exchanged hats, with Jokowi giving Ghani a peci, while Ghani handed Jokowi a lungee.
Aside from the video, a photo has also gone viral showing members of Jokowi’s carrying out a sujud syukur (prostration of thankfulness).
The photo was uploaded by Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) lawmaker Eva Kusuma Sundari.
“Alhamdulillah (thank God), some minutes ago, the presidential aircraft took off from Kabul. […] What a delightful yet tense visit,” she tweeted on Tuesday morning.
Eva said the kneeling officials were Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi and Presidential Security Detail (Paspampres) commander Maj. Gen. Suhartono.
Kabul had been on high alert during Jokowi’s visit following a series of terrorist attacks. (ebf)
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Trump wants to dominate space, Moon and Mars