Repair of railroad affected by Bogor landslides to be completed next week
The Jakarta Post
State-owned railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) has announced that it plans to finish the repairs of a railroad affected by landslides in Bogor, West Java, by the middle of next week. Heavy rains in Bogor regency last weekend caused several landslides on Monday, including along the Bogor-Sukabumi railway track.
“We plan to finish the repairs by Wednesday next week, on Feb. 14, but the sooner the better,” a spokesperson for PT KAI, Edy Kuswoyo, said on Friday, as quoted by tempo.co.
He added that at least two heavy-duty vehicles would be deployed by the railway operator to assist the repairs.
Edy said previously that the landslides had caused the cancellations of a number of train trips along the Bogor-Sukabumi route.
The recent landslides in Bogor caused the deaths of five people and injured others.
The road to the mountainous area of Puncak in Bogor regency has been closed until next week to clear away landslide debris. (vny)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested