Novel to undergo eye surgery
The Jakarta Post
Senior Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan is scheduled to undergo surgery on Monday to cure his severely injured left eye.
During the procedure, surgeons will replace several membranes in Novel’s eye to accelerate its recovery, which will hopefully enable them to implant a synthetic cornea.
“From several examinations conducted by Singaporean and British doctors, it was found that membranes in Novel’s left eye had not yet fully recovered. This has hindered the surgeons’ plan to implant the artificial cornea,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said in a statement on Sunday.
He said the KPK had assigned its doctor to accompany Novel during the surgery.
Novel suffered severe burns to his face when he was attacked with acid by two unknown men on April 11 last year. The police have not yet found the perpetrators after 10 months of investigation. (ebf)
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March