Two teens killed in brawl in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A student brawl has claimed two lives in East Jakarta in the early hours of Sunday.
The victims were identified only as DK, 14, a student of SMP high school Widya Manggala, and MR, a student of SD 9 elementary school Susukan.
“MR and DK died from multiple stab wounds all over their bodies,” Ciracas Police chief Comr. Agus Widar was quoted as saying by kompas.com.
According to the preliminary police investigation, Agus added, the brawl began on Jl. Gudang Air, Kampung Rambutan, East Jakarta, at 3 a.m. DK died on the scene. The fight continued on Jl. Puskesmas, where MR was found dead.
“We are investigating the case to find [those] who initiated the brawl,” he said. (vla/dmr)
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech