Two teens killed in brawl in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A student brawl has claimed two lives in East Jakarta in the early hours of Sunday.
The victims were identified only as DK, 14, a student of SMP high school Widya Manggala, and MR, a student of SD 9 elementary school Susukan.
“MR and DK died from multiple stab wounds all over their bodies,” Ciracas Police chief Comr. Agus Widar was quoted as saying by kompas.com.
According to the preliminary police investigation, Agus added, the brawl began on Jl. Gudang Air, Kampung Rambutan, East Jakarta, at 3 a.m. DK died on the scene. The fight continued on Jl. Puskesmas, where MR was found dead.
“We are investigating the case to find [those] who initiated the brawl,” he said. (vla/dmr)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested