Commentary: New penal code: How are we worse than the Dutch?
Endy M. Bayuni
Sukarno, Mohamad Hatta and all the national heroes who fought for our freedom will turn in their graves the day the House of Representatives endorses the new penal code, the first truly created by Indonesians since the nation gained independence from Dutch colonial rulers in 1945.
Deliberation on the penal code is in its final stage, and the House may endorse the draft as soon as this week ...
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Dua Lipa to grace Asian stages in May
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- In dieting, low-fat or low-carb are the same: Study
- Thousands of teachers in Depok yet to receive monthly pay