Commentary: New penal code: How are we worse than the Dutch?
Endy M. Bayuni
Sukarno, Mohamad Hatta and all the national heroes who fought for our freedom will turn in their graves the day the House of Representatives endorses the new penal code, the first truly created by Indonesians since the nation gained independence from Dutch colonial rulers in 1945.
Deliberation on the penal code is in its final stage, and the House may endorse the draft as soon as this week ...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings