Ministry told to equip ride-hailing vehicles with monitoring devices
The Jakarta Post
The Transportation Ministry has called on the Communications and Information Ministry to immediately fulfill its promise to provide ride-hailing vehicles with monitoring devices in the form of special dashboards so that the government can monitor ride-hailing operations.
Transportation Ministry transportation and multi-mode director Cucu Mulyana said in Jakarta on Monday that dashboards were instruments required for the implementation of newly issued Transportation Ministry Regulation No. 108/2018 on non-route public transportation.
“The dashboards will help the implementation of Regulation No. 108 be more effective and efficient,” he said as reported by tempo.co, adding that the dashboard would provide the Transportation Ministry with data about the numbers of vehicles that operate as well as about transactions.
He said that, with the special dashboard, officials from regional transportation agencies could monitor operations to ensure that all drivers of vehicles operating under ride-hailing apps complied with ceiling and floor rates.
He stressed that the Transportation Ministry needed to cooperate with other government institutions to enforce the regulation.
“The Telecommunications and Information Ministry needs to issue a regulation on application providers. The lack of such a regulation causes problems in the operation of vehicles partnered with application providers,” Cucu said.
Transportation Minister Regulation No. 108/2018 only deals with transportation issues, while a regulation from the Communications and Information Ministry would regulate the technology. (bbn)
- Setya Novanto pays $50,000 in restitution installment to KPK
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Indonesian tourism set to beat Thailand in 5 years
- Suspected HTI flag burning sparks controversy among Muslims
- Australia hits five Myanmar generals with sanctions
- Better or worse under Jokowi?
- US warships sail through Taiwan Strait
- UN committee slams French 'burqa ban' for 'violating' rights
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast