Police name husband suspect for murder of wife, children in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
The Tangerang police have named Muchtar Effendi, 60, a suspect in the murder of his own wife and two stepdaughters in Periuk housing complex.
Tangerang police criminal unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Deddy Supriyadi said that after murdering his family in a bedroom on Monday, Muchtar tried to commit suicide.
“The suspect was found in a critical state with some stab wounds on his body. He was found in a different room,” Deddy said Tuesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He added that the perpetrator stabbed himself after killing his family. His neck and stomach were injured.
Muchtar is the key witness as well as the suspect in the case. He put the knife inside a cupboard and threw the victims’ mobile phones on the roof after killing them, the police said.
Three of the family members, his wife Emah, 40, and their two daughters Nova, 19, and Tiara, 11, were found dead, while Muchtar was injured but able to be rescued.
So far, the motive appears to be that was Muchtar was angry with his wife after she purchased a car without telling him.
Currently, the suspect is at Kramatjati Police hospital in East Jakarta. (wnd)
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Amazon: from online book seller to market shaker