Police name husband suspect for murder of wife, children in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
The Tangerang police have named Muchtar Effendi, 60, a suspect in the murder of his own wife and two stepdaughters in Periuk housing complex.
Tangerang police criminal unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Deddy Supriyadi said that after murdering his family in a bedroom on Monday, Muchtar tried to commit suicide.
“The suspect was found in a critical state with some stab wounds on his body. He was found in a different room,” Deddy said Tuesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He added that the perpetrator stabbed himself after killing his family. His neck and stomach were injured.
Muchtar is the key witness as well as the suspect in the case. He put the knife inside a cupboard and threw the victims’ mobile phones on the roof after killing them, the police said.
Three of the family members, his wife Emah, 40, and their two daughters Nova, 19, and Tiara, 11, were found dead, while Muchtar was injured but able to be rescued.
So far, the motive appears to be that was Muchtar was angry with his wife after she purchased a car without telling him.
Currently, the suspect is at Kramatjati Police hospital in East Jakarta. (wnd)
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star