Police name husband suspect for murder of wife, children in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
The Tangerang police have named Muchtar Effendi, 60, a suspect in the murder of his own wife and two stepdaughters in Periuk housing complex.
Tangerang police criminal unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Deddy Supriyadi said that after murdering his family in a bedroom on Monday, Muchtar tried to commit suicide.
“The suspect was found in a critical state with some stab wounds on his body. He was found in a different room,” Deddy said Tuesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He added that the perpetrator stabbed himself after killing his family. His neck and stomach were injured.
Muchtar is the key witness as well as the suspect in the case. He put the knife inside a cupboard and threw the victims’ mobile phones on the roof after killing them, the police said.
Three of the family members, his wife Emah, 40, and their two daughters Nova, 19, and Tiara, 11, were found dead, while Muchtar was injured but able to be rescued.
So far, the motive appears to be that was Muchtar was angry with his wife after she purchased a car without telling him.
Currently, the suspect is at Kramatjati Police hospital in East Jakarta. (wnd)
- Merapi coffee shop draws tourists to Sleman
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station