Traditional giant milkfish dish served for Imlek in Jakarta
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Seasonal treat: A vendor offers milkfish to a potential customer in Rawa Belong, West Jakarta, on Monday. As Jakartans of Chinese descent look for milkfish to cook as part of the celebrations of Chinese New Year, milkfish vendors have started to flock to the city.(JP/Jerry Adiguna)Almost all traditions related to Chinese New Year have meaning. Decorations, fireworks and food presented ahead of the...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Amazon: from online book seller to market shaker