Traditional giant milkfish dish served for Imlek in Jakarta
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Seasonal treat: A vendor offers milkfish to a potential customer in Rawa Belong, West Jakarta, on Monday. As Jakartans of Chinese descent look for milkfish to cook as part of the celebrations of Chinese New Year, milkfish vendors have started to flock to the city.(JP/Jerry Adiguna)Almost all traditions related to Chinese New Year have meaning. Decorations, fireworks and food presented ahead of the...
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Police investigate deadly overpass collapse in North Sulawesi