Anger at new House powers
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The recent amendment to the 2014 Legislative Bodies ( MD3 ) Law, which criminalizes any person or institution deemed to have been disrespectful to the House of Representatives, has been met with a chorus of condemnation from activists and legal experts who believe the provision will be used to silence critics.
The amended law was passed on Monday after months of deliberation. It includes a...
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Defending territorial integrity over Natuna islands
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world