Anger at new House powers
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The recent amendment to the 2014 Legislative Bodies ( MD3 ) Law, which criminalizes any person or institution deemed to have been disrespectful to the House of Representatives, has been met with a chorus of condemnation from activists and legal experts who believe the provision will be used to silence critics.
The amended law was passed on Monday after months of deliberation. It includes a...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested