Anger at new House powers
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The recent amendment to the 2014 Legislative Bodies ( MD3 ) Law, which criminalizes any person or institution deemed to have been disrespectful to the House of Representatives, has been met with a chorus of condemnation from activists and legal experts who believe the provision will be used to silence critics.
The amended law was passed on Monday after months of deliberation. It includes a...
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade