Around the world: FM gets UNESCO certificate for ‘phinisi’
The Jakarta Post
Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi received on Tuesday the UNESCO certificate designating South Sulawesi’s phinisi boatbuilding a part of the world’s Intangible Cultural Heritage.
“The designation of the phinisi boatbuilding arts as part of the world’s Intangible Cultural Heritage is a matter of great pride for Indonesians,” Retno said as quoted in a press release issued by the For...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested