Commentary: House of Representatives waging war against free speech
Is it just me, or are lawmakers currently at war with democracy?
Public debate over the controversial provisions in the draft penal code, which has been widely criticized for being anticriticism, is not over yet. Now, out of the blue, lawmakers have just passed a law granting the House of Representatives (DPR) ethics body the power to press charges against those critical of the legislative ...
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Defending territorial integrity over Natuna islands
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world