Driver of ride-hailing service arrested over alleged molestation of passenger
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested Angrizal Noviandi, 31, a driver of a ride-hailing service who allegedly molested a pregnant customer during a trip from Jatiasih, Bekasi, to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Banten on Monday.
According to the police, the victim ordered the taxi at around 4 a.m.
Angrizal allegedly drove to a dark and secluded location where he started molesting her.
“The victim couldn’t fight the driver. She then told him that she was two months pregnant,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Tuesday.
Upon hearing of her pregnancy, Angrizal allegedly grabbed the victim’s phone before forcing her to exit the car on a toll road near the airport.
Following a report from the victim of the alleged incident, the Jakarta Police arrested Angrizal at Galaxi Residential Complex in Bekasi at 6 p.m.
Angrizal reportedly admitted he was guilty of sexual assault and told the police he threw away the phone in Kalimalang, East Jakarta.
While the police took him to Kalimalang to search for the phone, Angrizal attempted to escape once he exited the police car, Argo said.
“The police officer gave a warning shot but he ignored it. Therefore, the police shot him in the leg,” Argo said, adding he was taken to the National Police Hospital in Kramatjati, East Jakarta, to receive treatment.
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- KPK prosecutors demand five years for Nofel Hasan
- Trump denies kissing receptionist at Trump Tower
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Thousands of teachers in Depok yet to receive monthly pay
- Black coffee and dark chocolate: Enjoying the after taste
- Britain's Queen makes surprise visit to London Fashion Week
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Scapegoating the 'other' in Southeast Asia