Island focus: Makassar bans Valentine’s Day
The Jakarta Post
The Makassar administration in South Sulawesi has officially banned residents from celebrating Valentine’s Day this Wednesday.
The administration has prohibited celebrations from being held, especially in schools and public areas, on the grounds the celebration was not based on the country’s traditions.
“The government has never set Valentine’s Day as an official day and it i...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China