Island focus: Makassar bans Valentine’s Day
The Jakarta Post
The Makassar administration in South Sulawesi has officially banned residents from celebrating Valentine’s Day this Wednesday.
The administration has prohibited celebrations from being held, especially in schools and public areas, on the grounds the celebration was not based on the country’s traditions.
“The government has never set Valentine’s Day as an official day and it i...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Soul-searching as symbol of 70s Singapore faces demolition
- Bentley launches third generation Continental GT in Indonesia
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- ‘Fire and Fury’: Desperately seeking the truth about Donald Trump