KPK arrests Subang regent in West Java
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih during an operation in Subang regency, West Java, on Tuesday at around midnight.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed the arrest on Wednesday morning.
"The investigators arrested eight people, including the regent, a courier, some businesspeople and officials, in a case related to the issuance of a permit. Our team also confiscated money in cash," he said.
Febri, however, declined to disclose more information regarding the arrest.
Reports indicate that Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih was among those arrested by KPK investigators.Read also: KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
Imas was elected as regent in 2016. He succeeded Ojang Sohandi after the latter was named a suspect by the antigraft body in a bribery case.
Imas is currently seeking reelection in the 2018 regional elections, backed by the Golkar Party and the National Awakening Party. (dmr)
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights