KPK arrests Subang regent in West Java
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih during an operation in Subang regency, West Java, on Tuesday at around midnight.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed the arrest on Wednesday morning.
"The investigators arrested eight people, including the regent, a courier, some businesspeople and officials, in a case related to the issuance of a permit. Our team also confiscated money in cash," he said.
Febri, however, declined to disclose more information regarding the arrest.
Reports indicate that Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih was among those arrested by KPK investigators.Read also: KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
Imas was elected as regent in 2016. He succeeded Ojang Sohandi after the latter was named a suspect by the antigraft body in a bribery case.
Imas is currently seeking reelection in the 2018 regional elections, backed by the Golkar Party and the National Awakening Party. (dmr)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation