KPK arrests Subang regent in West Java
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih during an operation in Subang regency, West Java, on Tuesday at around midnight.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed the arrest on Wednesday morning.
"The investigators arrested eight people, including the regent, a courier, some businesspeople and officials, in a case related to the issuance of a permit. Our team also confiscated money in cash," he said.
Febri, however, declined to disclose more information regarding the arrest.
Reports indicate that Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih was among those arrested by KPK investigators.Read also: KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
Imas was elected as regent in 2016. He succeeded Ojang Sohandi after the latter was named a suspect by the antigraft body in a bribery case.
Imas is currently seeking reelection in the 2018 regional elections, backed by the Golkar Party and the National Awakening Party. (dmr)
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors