KPK arrests Subang regent in West Java
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih during an operation in Subang regency, West Java, on Tuesday at around midnight.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed the arrest on Wednesday morning.
"The investigators arrested eight people, including the regent, a courier, some businesspeople and officials, in a case related to the issuance of a permit. Our team also confiscated money in cash," he said.
Febri, however, declined to disclose more information regarding the arrest.
Reports indicate that Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih was among those arrested by KPK investigators.Read also: KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
Imas was elected as regent in 2016. He succeeded Ojang Sohandi after the latter was named a suspect by the antigraft body in a bribery case.
Imas is currently seeking reelection in the 2018 regional elections, backed by the Golkar Party and the National Awakening Party. (dmr)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand