Letter to the editor: Response to ‘The Jakarta Post’ editorial
The Jakarta Post
I refer to your editorial “Singapore’s Secrecy” dated Feb. 9, 2018 on the issue of leadership succession in Singapore. The article alleges that leadership succession is shrouded in secrecy because Singaporeans will face “legal consequences” for expressing their thoughts about it in public. This is baseless.
Leadership succession is far from being an unmentionable topic in Singapor...
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Defending territorial integrity over Natuna islands
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world