Releasing the head without holding the tail
The limited room for a policy rate cut does not dampen the spirit of Bank Indonesia (BI) to loosen its monetary policy.
The central bank’s board of governors’ meeting in the middle of January opened the 2018 sheet by relaxing some macro prudential policies.
First, BI refined the primary reserve requirement (RR). The RR in rupiah for commercial banks that had originally been set a...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Soul-searching as symbol of 70s Singapore faces demolition
- 'He has been forgiven', says priest Prier to assailant after church attack
- Bentley launches third generation Continental GT in Indonesia
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Woman filmed using overhead air vents on plane to dry underwear