Releasing the head without holding the tail
The limited room for a policy rate cut does not dampen the spirit of Bank Indonesia (BI) to loosen its monetary policy.
The central bank’s board of governors’ meeting in the middle of January opened the 2018 sheet by relaxing some macro prudential policies.
First, BI refined the primary reserve requirement (RR). The RR in rupiah for commercial banks that had originally been set a...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China