Soekarno-Hatta airport to operate TOD terminal in March
The Jakarta Post
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is set to operate a transit-oriented development (TOD) terminal starting on March 1. The airport's communication and legal affairs officer Erwin Revianto said on Wednesday that the airport management had also prepared supporting facilities.
"There are eight shuttle buses to accommodate people in the airport area," he said on Wednesday, as reported by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The TOD terminal, which is located in the M1 area, is expected to reduce the use of private vehicles at the airport and thereby also reduce traffic congestion.
"People, especially airport employees, can park their cars at the TOD parking lots and continue their trip to the airport buildings using shuttle buses that will take them to the skytrain connecting the terminals," Erwin said, noting that the buses were free of charge.
The airport management, Erwin added, would ensure that shuttle buses stopped at every shelter every four or five minutes. (vla)
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program