Two candidate pairs obtain 2018 Bekasi mayoral election numbers
The Jakarta Post
Two candidate pairs running in the 2018 Bekasi mayoral election obtained their election numbers on Tuesday.
Incumbent pair Rahmat Effendi and his deputy Tri Adhianto received number one while the other pair, Nur Supriyanto and his deputy Adhy Firdaus, received number two during a Bekasi Elections Commission plenary meeting on the number drawing, kompas.com reported on Tuesday.
Rahmat and Tri are supported by the Golkar Party, the National Mandate Party (PAN), the United Development Party (PPP), the Democratic Party, the National Awakening Party (PKB), the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P), the NasDem Party and the Indonesian Justice and Unity Party (PKPI). Nur and Adhy are backed by the Gerinda Party and the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS).
Rahmat is the incumbent mayor while Tri is the head of the Public Works and Housing Agency's Bekasi branch. Candidate number two, Nur, is part of the executive board of the PKS provincial branch in West Java while Adhy is a businessman in various sectors including real estate, garments and exports and imports. (wnd)
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world