Man dies following crocodile attack in Jambi
The Jakarta Post
The remains of a man suspected to have been attacked by a crocodile were found in the Batanghari River, Jambi, on Thursday. The deceased man was identified as Samsidar, 66, a resident of Tebo regency, Jambi.
Samsidar was reported missing on Wednesday when his sister discovered his boat, sandals and sarong on the riverbank.
A search and rescue team found Samsidar’s remains drifting 2 kilometers away from the riverbank.
Previously on Sunday, a resident identified as Hopsah bin Muhtar was also found floating in the river with severe wounds, reportedly from a crocodile attack. (gis/ebf)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?