Body discovered in Depok's Kalibaru River
The Jakarta Post
Residents of Jatijajar subdistrict in Depok, West Java, found a body in the Kalibaru River at 6 p.m. on Thursday along Jl. Raya Bogor, directly in front of the archives of the Environment and Forestry Ministry.
“The residents said they smelled something rotting in the area,” Cimanggis Police chief Comr. Sunarto said on Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
The rainy weather hampered police efforts to recover the body. They eventually recovered the body from the river at midnight and rushed it to the National Police Hospital for an autopsy. The police are currently investigating to identify the body and the cause of death.
“It’s difficult to examine the body," said Sunarto, as it was in a state of severe decomposition. (vla)
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu