Joint personnel to guard Cap Go Meh Festival in Glodok
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of police and military personnel, as well as officials from the Jakarta Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) and transportation agency, will be deployed to guard the Cap Go Meh Festival in Glodok on Sunday.
“We will deploy 700 joint personnel,” Taman Sari Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Erick Frendriz said on Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
The annual festival, the pinnacle of Chinese New Year celebrations, or the 15th after Chinese New Year, will be held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. along Jl. Gajah Mada and Jl. Hayam Wuruk and will be centered in the LTC Glodok area, West Jakarta.
“We will close roads along Jl. Gajah Mada and Jl. Hayam Wuruk from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The transportation agency is also prepared to reroute traffic beginning Saturday night,” he said.(iwa)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...