Joint personnel to guard Cap Go Meh Festival in Glodok
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of police and military personnel, as well as officials from the Jakarta Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) and transportation agency, will be deployed to guard the Cap Go Meh Festival in Glodok on Sunday.
“We will deploy 700 joint personnel,” Taman Sari Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Erick Frendriz said on Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
The annual festival, the pinnacle of Chinese New Year celebrations, or the 15th after Chinese New Year, will be held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. along Jl. Gajah Mada and Jl. Hayam Wuruk and will be centered in the LTC Glodok area, West Jakarta.
“We will close roads along Jl. Gajah Mada and Jl. Hayam Wuruk from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The transportation agency is also prepared to reroute traffic beginning Saturday night,” he said.(iwa)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack