Joint personnel to guard Cap Go Meh Festival in Glodok
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of police and military personnel, as well as officials from the Jakarta Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) and transportation agency, will be deployed to guard the Cap Go Meh Festival in Glodok on Sunday.
“We will deploy 700 joint personnel,” Taman Sari Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Erick Frendriz said on Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
The annual festival, the pinnacle of Chinese New Year celebrations, or the 15th after Chinese New Year, will be held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. along Jl. Gajah Mada and Jl. Hayam Wuruk and will be centered in the LTC Glodok area, West Jakarta.
“We will close roads along Jl. Gajah Mada and Jl. Hayam Wuruk from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The transportation agency is also prepared to reroute traffic beginning Saturday night,” he said.(iwa)
- Ten diaspora restaurants set to promote Indonesian tourism
- Apple tries to win back students and teachers with low-cost iPad
- Bali-based band Navicula bassist in hospital, girlfriend dies after car accident
- Ryanair to launch flights to Ukraine from October
- Indonesia, Singapore lead deep-sea expedition to West Java
- 13 Indonesian airports join Earth Hour campaign
- Two dead as suspected IS gunman takes hostages in France
- Syahrini responds to backlash over Holocaust Memorial video
- Human-like calf stuns Gorontalo residents
- Prosecutors demand 7 years for suspect in Cikupa persecution case