Transjakarta introduces route from Tanjung Priok terminal to seaport
The Jakarta Post
City-owned bus operator Transjakarta introduced on Thursday a new route, from Tanjung Priok's bus terminal to its seaport, in North Jakarta.
“The 10C bus commenced operations on Thursday to facilitate people who use sea transportation,” Transjakarta spokesperson Wibowo said Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
He said many people who used sea transportation found it difficult to get to the seaport. “They need to use various modes of transportation to reach the seaport”.
For example, commuters from Cawang, East Jakarta, need to change buses at Enggano or Tanjung Priok bus shelter before using another mode of transportation to reach the seaport.
“It’s troublesome, especially for people with a lot of baggage. Therefore we’re providing this new service. Currently there are five buses serving the new route,” Wibowo said.
He added that the bus’ hours of operation would be adjusted to the departure and arrival times of ships. “The fare is Rp 3,500 (25 US cents), same as other [Transjakarta bus] routes”. (iwa)
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study