Transjakarta introduces route from Tanjung Priok terminal to seaport
The Jakarta Post
City-owned bus operator Transjakarta introduced on Thursday a new route, from Tanjung Priok's bus terminal to its seaport, in North Jakarta.
“The 10C bus commenced operations on Thursday to facilitate people who use sea transportation,” Transjakarta spokesperson Wibowo said Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
He said many people who used sea transportation found it difficult to get to the seaport. “They need to use various modes of transportation to reach the seaport”.
For example, commuters from Cawang, East Jakarta, need to change buses at Enggano or Tanjung Priok bus shelter before using another mode of transportation to reach the seaport.
“It’s troublesome, especially for people with a lot of baggage. Therefore we’re providing this new service. Currently there are five buses serving the new route,” Wibowo said.
He added that the bus’ hours of operation would be adjusted to the departure and arrival times of ships. “The fare is Rp 3,500 (25 US cents), same as other [Transjakarta bus] routes”. (iwa)
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba