KPPU commissioner candidates selected professionally: Team
The Jakarta Post
The Business Competition Supervisory Commission (KPPU) selection team has stressed that it carried out its job professionally in selecting commissioner candidates as tasked by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo.
“Therefore, there is no reason for the House of Representatives not to conduct a fit and proper test on the candidates who were selected,” KPPU selection team member Rhenald Kasali said in Jakarta over the weekend, as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.
The House has blamed the government for the standoff in finalizing the selection of the KPPU’s commissioners, saying that the KPPU had failed to appoint independent members to the candidate selection team.
House Commission VI for trade and investment refused to carry out a fit and proper test on the candidates, saying that many members of the selection team had a conflict of interest with regard to the KPPU.
President Jokowi has already twice extended the current commissioners' terms, which had originally expired on Dec. 27, 2017. The second extension to their terms will expire in late April.
Rhenald said the selected candidates had passed tough scrutiny by the selection team and were competent to appointed as KPPU commissioners.
He added that the selection team would not repeat the selection process if the House demanded certain individuals to be included on the list of candidates. (bbn)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...