IDX startup eyes more SME clients
The Jakarta Post
Training marketplace Excellence.asia, one of the startups groomed by the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX), aims to expand its client base by luring corporate and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) ahead of its plans to become a publicly listed company in the next five years.
Excellence.asia offers offline and online professional training through seminars and workshops to help companies develop their human resources in skills such as financial report analysis, graphic design and marketing.
For SMEs, it offers a free training program called Excelloka, in which the employees of small and medium-sized businesses of at least a year old could join classes ranging from digital marketing and to creating financial and tax reports.
“We are targeting 1,500 small and medium enterprises to join our programs this year,” Excellence.asia CEO and co-founder Viktor Yanuar said on Tuesday.
Viktor said the company did not generate profits from its SME programs, and that its primary market was corporate clients.
The startup has about 1,000 clients, 85 percent of which are corporate clients mainly comprising state-owned banks, while the remaining 15 percent are SMEs.
It collaborates with professional trainers from institutions such as the Bandung Institute of Technology’s Business and Management School, co-working space Estubizi and the Pakar training center.
The IDX incubator currently manages 42 startups, and is preparing a financial technology (fintech) startup this year for floating shares on the stock market. (gda)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices