Jakarta Post

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Video Weather icon 30°C
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
30°C Partly Cloudy

Dry and mostly cloudy throughout the day.

  • Wed

    26℃ - 32℃

  • Thu

    25℃ - 32℃

  • Fri

    25℃ - 31℃

  • Sat

    26℃ - 30℃

IDX startup eyes more SME clients

  • Winny Tang
    Winny Tang

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta | Tue, March 6, 2018 | 04:03 pm
IDX startup eyes more SME clients The trading floor of the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) (JP/Wienda Parwitasari)

Training marketplace Excellence.asia, one of the startups groomed by the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX), aims to expand its client base by luring corporate and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) ahead of its plans to become a publicly listed company in the next five years.

Excellence.asia offers offline and online professional training through seminars and workshops to help companies develop their human resources in skills such as financial report analysis, graphic design and marketing. 

For SMEs, it offers a free training program called Excelloka, in which the employees of small and medium-sized businesses of at least a year old could join classes ranging from digital marketing and to creating financial and tax reports.

“We are targeting 1,500 small and medium enterprises to join our programs this year,” Excellence.asia CEO and co-founder Viktor Yanuar said on Tuesday. 

Read also: Trade minister hopes ASEAN-EU FTA will help SMEs, overcome negative campaign on palm oil

Viktor said the company did not generate profits from its SME programs, and that its primary market was corporate clients.

The startup has about 1,000 clients, 85 percent of which are corporate clients mainly comprising state-owned banks, while the remaining 15 percent are SMEs. 

It collaborates with professional trainers from institutions such as the Bandung Institute of Technology’s Business and Management School, co-working space Estubizi and the Pakar training center.

The IDX incubator currently manages 42 startups, and is preparing a financial technology (fintech) startup this year for floating shares on the stock market. (gda)

Join the discussions